Re: error propogation in polyfit

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: error propogation in polyfit
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:04:47 -0500

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Kyndig wrote:

I can't seem to find any information about how to find the error propogated through a polyfit. More specifically, if I have an experimental error which
is equal for all data points and assumed to be random (gaussian
distribution) so that a least squares fit is applicable, I'd like to know how to find the standard deviations for the estimators given by polyfit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!