Re: Use Different Editor

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Use Different Editor
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 06:30:00 +0100

On 2/3/08, Kevin Goodspeed <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't understand what your telling me to do.  I read the help file
> on edit and it didn't really tell me anything.  I found the edit.m
> file, but I don't understand the changes you suggest I make.

What I meant is that you can read the documentation of a function
by typing "help function_name" at octave prompt. If you do that
for "edit" (that is "help edit"), you should read that you can see
what is the current editor used by octave through "edit get editor"
and that you can change it through "edit editor new_editor_value".

> BTW, I'm using Windows XP and if I can, I'd like to change the editor
> to Notepad++.exe.
> C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++

Type the following at octave prompt:

edit editor 'C:\\Program Files\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe %s'

Michael.