Re: Oct Files Help -- mkoctfile

From: gOS
Subject: Re: Oct Files Help -- mkoctfile
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:53:16 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> If you think you've found a bug in Octave, please submit a complete
> report to the address@hidden mailing list that includes enough
> information to easily reproduce the problem.  In this case, your code
> sample might help, but it would be much more helpful if you could come
> up with a simple, complete test case that can be compiled and that
> demonstrates the problem.  That would save some time for someone who
> might be able to fix the problem.
>
> jwe

I did find that site you linked me too, but it gave no details on the
implementation past what it took as arguments.

Its unfortunate, but I'm at work so I can't really do more than solve the
problem that I need to get my file working. Additionally, I have been unable
to get octave mex files to work on my home computer, so any exploration of
the actual bug, I don't have time for, nor do I have time to replicate the
error in a simpler file.

However, I wrote another method that does what this should do, and it is
fairly simple, though it takes different parameters. The only thing I can
imagine is that the calculation is somehow wrong in the mx function that
wasn't working, and as I said, I am unable to explore the problem with my
recourses and commitments.

I was able to move past this method by using my own method:

int calcIndex(int rows, int row, int col) {
  return rows * col + row;
}

I post here in the hopes that it does help whoever should want to use this
in the future if the bug doesn't get fixed. Unfortunately, I can't dedicate
any more time to the problem, but it does look as if it's a bug.

My thanks to those who can, and my apologies for being unhelpful,
gOS