Re: Oct Files Help -- mkoctfile

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Oct Files Help -- mkoctfile
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:14:57 -0500

On 10-Jan-2008, gOS wrote:

| Is there a listing of what mex functions are supported in Octave 3.0? I've
| checked the Doc and now found any.

Look at mex.h and the mexproto.h file that it includes.

If you think this belongs in the Octave manual, please consider
contributing a patch for that.

| The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying
| to figure out if I am calling mxCalcSingleSubscript incorrectly for your mex
| compiler. It does not throw an error, but it returns an incorrect index
| which does not move beyond the first row of the file I'm trying to turn into
| a Cell Array.

If you think you've found a bug in Octave, please submit a complete
report to the address@hidden mailing list that includes enough
information to easily reproduce the problem.  In this case, your code
sample might help, but it would be much more helpful if you could come
up with a simple, complete test case that can be compiled and that
demonstrates the problem.  That would save some time for someone who
might be able to fix the problem.

jwe