Re: Octave under Windows in a teaching environment.

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave under Windows in a teaching environment.
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:52:00 +0900 (JST)

Hello

> Now, does anyone have some advice ? Is Octave/Cygwin better, more Linux
> like and thus more stable, even on Vista ? Toolboxes working ok ?
> Plotting/saving figures ok ?

I think that it does not.
Since the cygwin has the exception treating problems, I built it by the
specially configured gcc.  So
that it sometimes crashes by seg-fault.
This was described in my home page.

http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/

However, Ctrl-c works well at octave on the cygwin.

Anyway you judge by yourself after trying it.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/