Re: Trial binaries of octave 2.9.18 on mingw has been uploaded

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Trial binaries of octave 2.9.18 on mingw has been uploaded
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 08:17:40 -0500

Is it possible to use these binaries with my old installation of qtoctave?
My qtoctave setup uses octave 2.9.15 can I just replace this with the newer binaries?

Doug Stewart

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have just uploaded the trial binaries of octave 2.9.18 on mingw.

I have changed the distribution policy of this binary.

In my idea, the mingw platform is now the most easiest platform to build octave
from the source on
windows. Perhaps Michael's and Benjamin's distributions will aim to release
stable and well tested.
The aim of my binaries distribution is to catch up the current release as
possible. So I did not
recommend it for beginners but recommend it for the challengers.

The distribution is available from

http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/

Tatsuro