creating an oct file for use in Windows

From: SPilot
Subject: creating an oct file for use in Windows
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:36:39 -0400

Hi,

I am working in a Windows environment.   I am trying to create helloworld
.oct , the sample function listed on:
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html#Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles

I  installed Cygwin 2.573  and a set of Octave binaries for Cygwin.  I need
Octave version at least 2.9 and this isn't available from the normal Cygwin
package updater (setup.exe) so I got "a testing release of Octave 2.9.14 on
Cygwin " from   http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/basic.html.  Is there any
other way to get Octave 2.9 functionality under Windows from oct files?

I was able to create the helloworldoct file and it ran fine within
Cygwin/Octave.     However every time I start Octave up under Windows,
GNU-Octave, and then enter helloworld I get an error - "...procedure entry
point could not be found ... in liboctinterp.dll".  I am using the same
helloworld.oct file as I did under Cygwin.  I did this because that is the
procedure for using lpsolve ( http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.1/Octave.htm
), which is my final aim.  However as I was getting the error I mentioned
above - no entry point - I went to something simpler, helloworld, in the
hope that I could pinpoint the problem.  Alas no.

How can I create/use an oct file under Windows?  Specifically the
hellowworld.cc example.

Steve