Re: urlread

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: urlread
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:36:39 -0400

On 10/9/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On  9-Oct-2007, Alexander Barth wrote:

| I agree since the error will not be visible unless a third output
| argument is used (idem for urlwrite). Since we are at
| urlread/urlwrite, would you agree to disable by default the progress
| information? If the screen output is redirected to a log file, the
| progress informations unnecessarily clutters the log file. Matlab does
| not return progress information either.
| I can prepare a patch once we agree on the changes to urlwrite.cc.

I fixed the error-if-curl-is-missing problem and removed the progress
callback.

jwe

John,
I would not remove the progress callback function entierly since it also calls the macro OCTAVE_QUIT. Without the function callback, a large download can only be interrupted by stopping octave. Attached is a patch that restores the callback but there is no output within the callback function.

Regards,
Alex