Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problem with Octave-2.9.14
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 16:59:38 -0400

On  3-Oct-2007, Rajkiran wrote:

|       I see that it is picking up m-files from another installation
| on my system. How can I change the path from where it picks octave's
| m-files ?

It should just work.  If you run what you think is the octave-2.9.14
binary and version still returns 2.1.50, then you are not running
2.9.14.  The fact that the version function returns 2.1.50 should tell
you that something is screwed up.  What is the output of running ls -l
in the directory where you think octave 2.9.14 is installed?  Have you
tried removing 2.1.50?  How did you install 2.9.14?

jwe