problem with wavread

From: Carlos Domínguez
Subject: problem with wavread
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:30:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hello community
Sorry if i miss something writing this down but my language is spanish, so i think you can understand.
I have a little problem, cause i have Octave in Red hat 9, but it doesn't have the file wavread.m, that comes in Matlab 6.5 for Windows. I imported a wavread.m (downloaded from internet) but is not the one i needed, so i copied it from windows, but it doesn't run, puts an error (something like "error in column x line y"). so my question is: ¿does anybody knows something about this problem? Notice that I need exactly the same functions that does the wavread.m file in the Matlab 6.5 (in matlab 7.0 is not the same, at least in the version I have), cause i need to plot the wave form of a wav file. ¿why the version of windows doesn't run over octave for red hat, if the language is the same?
Well, I hope you can understand my awful english and the questions I've made so i can solve my problem, I really need it.
Thanks a lot

CADO
Carlos Dominguez
Santiago de Cuba, Cuba

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden! .