Re: compiling with Sun Studio

From: Jim Langston
Subject: Re: compiling with Sun Studio
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:50:39 -0400

John Swensen wrote:
Jim Langston wrote:
Hi John,

Don't know exactly what I need to do, I have looked at re-writing
the class, but before I do, I wanted to make sure no one has attempted
to get octave compiled with the Sun Studio compilers.

stlport4 tells the Sun compiler to use STLport's implementation of the
standard library, which seems to be ok with the cast as written.

I have tried this:

class pid_equal
{
public:

  pid_equal (pid_t v) : val (v) { }

bool operator () (const octave_child& oc) const { return oc.pid == val; }
  bool operator () (const pid_equal& pid) const { return pid == val ; }

private:

  pid_t val;
};

but this generates:

Jim

/////////////////////////////

I have compiled octave on UltraSparc Solaris, but using the GNU tools
with their csw packages and sunfreeware.com packages.  The last couple
of time I have tried to build it though, I get a weird mixup involving
libgcc_s.so and haven't had time to resolve them.
Yes, I am on Open Solaris - libgcc_s.so gives same errors.

I think if you first built (using sunstudio) or installed a working GCC
4.x, then things should compile fine.  Does sunstudio use the Sun
compilers or the GNU compilers?
Sun compilers, wanted to get on the latest and greatest, had a couple of
other issues where GNU is happy (have gotten Octave compiled on
Fedora) but the Sun compilers say its a no-no, and looking at the code,
was true (ie. multiple defines).

John

--

Jim Langston