Re: Octave.app 2.9.13 for Mac OS X

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave.app 2.9.13 for Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:11:30 +0200

marco.bucci schrieb:
I solved the problem. The message regarding not supported stripping was
misleading. It is just a message, but then the package is compiled without
this option (anyway this option is in <signal-1.0.2/src/Makefile>).

The actual problem was an "&" in the Octave.app path name that made not
visible the include files. Reading the application readme file, I saw that there are problems if
pathname includes spaces. So, it seems there are also other special
characters that must be avoided.

Thanks, your info will be part of Readme.html in the next release of Octave.app.

  Thomas