Octave-2.9.13 testting binary on Cygwin is uploaded

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave-2.9.13 testting binary on Cygwin is uploaded
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:46:48 -0400

On  1-Aug-2007, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

| I have uploaded a testting binary of Octave-2.9.13
| uploaded.
|
| http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant2/

Are you planning to make this package available from the main Cygwin
download site and its mirrors?

| I have tried to built it by gcc 4.x.x but have not been
| sufcessful yet.

What are the problems?

| Instead I have build gcc-3.3.3-3 with
| '--disable-sjlj-exceptions'.  The speed of built binary
| much  faster than that built by the distributed one.
| However, it cannot be exit normally ^^;.

I have no idea what would cause the exit problem, but if you build a
copy of Octave with a specially configured version of GCC, then people
who use your binary will probably also need to use the same version of
GCC to build .oct files that will work with the version of Octave you
distribute and that can cause some confusion.  Of course we already
have that problem with the 2.1.73 version of Octave that is
distributed as part of Cygwin because the default version of GCC that
is part of Cygwin is 3.4.x and it can't be used to build Octave.

jwe