Re: figure window size with handle graphics

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: figure window size with handle graphics
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:05:15 -0700

I have the same problem with this as trying
to set the key (see separate post):
octave-2.9.13:20> __gnuplot_set__ size 0.5
octave-2.9.13:21> plot (x, sin(x),"3x").
Default color is blue, corresponding to "3".

Setting key or size works in gnuplot 4.2.0:
gnuplot> plot sin(x)
gnuplot> set key off
gnuplot> plot sin(x)
gnuplot> set key on
gnuplot> plot sin(x)

gnuplot> set size 0.5
gnuplot> plot sin(x)

According to News for Octave 3.0:
"It is no longer possible to mix Matlab-style plot commands with the old
(and now considered obsolete) style of plot commands (__gnuplot_set__,
etc.). You can do one or the other, but not both for the same plot."

I'm not sure if I'm mixing plot commands and that's why __gnuplot_set__ does
not work.
Henry

on 7/29/07 6:01 PM, Jonathan Stickel at address@hidden wrote:

> Peter Gustafson wrote:
>> Jonathan Stickel wrote:
>>> Is there a way to set the figure window size with the new handle
>>> graphics paradigm?  It used to be as simple as

>>> but now those commands seem to be completely ignored if octave plotting
>>> commands are used.  I really find setting the window size to be helpful
>>> in producing publication quality plots.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jonathan