Re: using gnuplot 4.2

From: Ares
Subject: Re: using gnuplot 4.2
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:08:10 +0200

2007/7/27, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden>:
> Ares skrev:
> >> That was probably the most important information of all. You need a more
> >> recent version for this to work. 2.9.13 was released yesterday...
> >>

> > ah, sorry... I thought I had the very last version, but in fact I
> > didn't... I will (try and) install this new one and hope not to be
> > back with "wrong" questions in the future!
> I hope I wasn't being rude. You didn't really ask any wrong questions :-)
>
> Søren

what rude, I was just joking... it is true that the most of the times
a newbie (me) faces problems where there is no problem at all, and
wastes time trying to solve such problems. and that "wrong" questions
(i.e. questions based on wrong assumptions) are annoying to the more
experts... but I find that this mailing list is pretty "kind"... and,
as someone said, the only wrong question is the question you do not
ask...

anyway, I installed both gnuplot 4.2 and octave 4.2.13 and now I have
a new problem: gnuplot 4.2 does not recognize the x11 terminal
anymore! (so that even octave is not able to plot) neither the png
terminal

gnuplot configure says:

X Window System terminal: no (requires X libraries)

??? of course I have libx11 and libx11-dev installed...

I will go and look for a gnuplot list (hoping they're that kind)

regards,

--
Diego
http://www.ares001.altervista.org/