octaviz without render window

From: Lieven Theys
Subject: octaviz without render window
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:46:47 +0200

Dear all,

I am a long time user of (basic) functions of octave.
I am running GNU Octave, version 2.1.73 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu).

Now I have run into a small problem.

I have been using gnuplot and its low and high level plot commands in octave to generate png and eps files through a web interface.

Up to here no problem. but ...

I am looking at switching to octaviz for my 3d plotting needs but I am not able to figure out how I can generate a file (png and/or eps) without having a render window showing up.

Kind regards,

Lieven