Does save support append

From: Kristjan Onu
Subject: Does save support append
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:53:03 -0500

Hi,

I am seeking clarification regarding whether the save command supports
the append option.

The file NEWS.2 states:

  * The save command now accepts the option -append to save the
    variables at the end of the file, leaving the existing contents.

When I run the attached test file however, the error 'x not found' is
triggered.

I have tried this using Debian's Octave2.9.9-8etch1 as well as the
CVS version updated a couple of hours ago.

Best,