Re: Help filling an array

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Help filling an array
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:51:16 +0200

Hi,

Rob Teasdale skrev:
trapz is a function (trapezoidal rule for simple integration),
Of course, silly me for not realizing this.
whilst t and p are vectors that hold the time and pressure respectively.
Okay. I see that 'trapz' can handle matrix arguments:

X = [0:0.1:pi; 0:0.1:pi];
Y = sin(X);
trapz(X, Y, 2)
ans =

   1.9975
   1.9975

So, if 'm:mx' has the same length for all 'i' you should be able to vectorize this. If not, then I don't think you can do (at least not without rewritting 'trapz').

I did leave this this afternoon and finalised another chapter, so
> I am happy to get back to 'the fun bits!',
Lucky you ;-)

Søren