Re: attributes in hdf

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: attributes in hdf
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:01:11 +0100

Claudio Belotti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm working with hdf5 files, but it seems to me that octave is not loading
> the attributes is that correct?
> if so do you have ay suggestion on how can I access to information in the
> attributes from octave? maybe system("h5dump -a attribute file.hdf") ?

Where would octave load the attributes to? These are attributes of the
variables in the HDF5 file itself and so conceptually it is hard to see
how octave would load them except if all values loaded from an HDF5 file
loaded as a structure and the attributes were elements of this
structure. However this would make something like

A = [1,2;3,4];
save -hdf5 test.mat A
clear A
load test.mat

return a structure for A, and so this is undesirable.. I think your idea
of a system call to h5dump is probably the best thing..

Cheers
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only