Re: Make Octave behave more like Matlab

From: Paul Roberts
Subject: Re: Make Octave behave more like Matlab
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:00:46 -0800

oops, there was a bug in my example, here is the correct one:

color = 'green';
switch color
case 'red'
disp('It is red.');
otherwise
disp('It is not red.');
end
It is not red.

Here is what I get if I try to use double quotes:

color = "green";
??? color = "green";

Error: The input character is not valid in MATLAB statements or expressions.

Paul

On 2/16/07, Paul Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:
Do you know what version of Matlab is being used? I'm using 7.3 and it
does not require commas after case statements (nor can I recall any
version that did since I started using it):

>>version

ans =

7.3.0.298 (R2006b)

>> color = 'green';
>> switch color
case 'red'
disp('It is not red.');
otherwise
disp('It is not red.');
end
It is not red.

As for the quotes issue, why not use single quotes in octave?

Paul