Re: strmatch in 2.1.73 (windows-installer)

From: Michael Grossbach
Subject: Re: strmatch in 2.1.73 (windows-installer)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:16:46 +0100

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
I think you can substitute the correct m-file, in the path shown in
octave:1>which strmatch
with the latest m-file from the source. This is one option.
But I wonder why there is such an issue, in the first place.

I just had a quick look at strmatch.m from 2.9.9 (which required me to also copy strncmp.m and strtrunc.m). The result is different but not better:

octave> strmatch('es','test')
ans = [](0x0)

But that might be due to some function called from either of the three mentioned above that is there but in the wrong version. Obviously, strmatch has been completely re-written since 2.1.73. Anyway, for now I have found a work-around (using strcmp) that does what I need.

Thanks, Michael