Re: "pkg install PKG" syntax error on Octave 2.9

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: "pkg install PKG" syntax error on Octave 2.9
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:30:34 +0100

Cristóbal Carnero Liñán wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install the last version of octave-forge on Octave 2.9
> (linux, Kubuntu). As http://octave.dbateman.org/index.html says, I
> must type in Octave:
>
>   pkg install package_file_name.tar.gz
>
> This fails ("syntax error"). Also, if I type:
>
>   help pkg
>
> I obtain the same syntax ("pkg install PKG").
>
> What do I wrong?
>
> Thank you very much!

Yes well, there is a reason that the octave-forge website is there and
not on sourceforge yet.. That is that the package manager has some
issues until after 2.9.9.. It seems to be fine in the CVS, we will see
if it really is fine wen 2.9.10 comes out and more people start really
using the package manager..

Cheers
David