Re: Getting started with Octave in MS Windows

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Getting started with Octave in MS Windows
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:45:20 +0200

The Grumps wrote:
That's a great help Michael.  I've used this to set up my own octaverc which
calls the following /octave_files/startup.m:

======================>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
pluspath="/cygdrive/C/Documents and Settings/Ian/My
Documents/Octave/scripts/";
cd (pluspath);
LOADPATH = [':' pluspath '/', ':/octave_files//'];

# Set edit to accept filename argument and set the header for new scripts
edit('editor', '"scite.exe" "`cygpath -wa %s`"');
edit('home',pluspath);
edit('email', '*************');
edit('author', 'Grumps');
edit('license','pd');

# Make Octave beep on errors:
beep_on_error = 1;

# Go into debug mode when an error occurs:
debug_on_error = 1;

# Enable leaving debug mode by
# pressing Ctrl-C:
debug_on_interrupt = 0;

# Stop Octave printing the line
# number at the prompt:
PS1 = "\\s> ";

more off;
echo on;
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<============================
You will see from the above that:
a.      I added "/octave files//" to the path so that I can also run scripts
in there.
b.      I did not need to specify the path of scite.exe as its within my
general path.
c.      I also reset the 'home' edit variable.  This then puts new scripts
into the same directory.

Also much thanks for the excellent tip on using ctl-Insert and shift-Insert
for copy and paste.
I still have one problem though.  I seem to have to close SciTE in order to
run the script I have just changed. Is there any way of keeping it open?

Did you save before attempting to run the script ?

Grumps