Re: Anybody have a prgram to write a .bmp file?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Anybody have a prgram to write a .bmp file?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:01:35 -0800

Thanks for pointing that function out.  I did a bmp search
all through the octave manual and never found that
function, or any reference to it.

However, it has the same flaw that all the image functions
are doing:
>> r=ones(256,1)*(0:255)/255;
>> g=.5*ones(256,256);b=.5*ones(256,256);
>> [X,map]=rgb2ind(r,g,b);
>> bmpwrite(X,map,"Xtest.bmp");
when opened the square is not gradually changing color as
expected, but a solid green square.

Same thing this function did:
>> imshow(r,g,b);
maybe the problem is in that map routine?

         - Robert -

running 2.1.50a-inst.exe on a WinXP, but heard 2.1.73 does
this too.