plotting questions

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: plotting questions
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:40:33 -0800

Hi -

I have noticed some abnormal plotting behavior in Octave 2.9.6. I have mentioned previously some of the difficulties I have had when trying to plot multiple plots using a hold command, but I have noticed a number of others as well. For instance, when I generate a new plot in an existing plot window, the window does not automatically resize the axes for the new plot but rather keeps the existing axes. This can be a problem if the new plot is not in the same range as the previous one. I have also noticed unresponsiveness (I hope that's really a word) when trying to add labels or a title.

Most of these occur after I have already generated one plot and am interested in generating another. In the past, 'clf' or 'axis auto' would fix the problem, but not so much these days. I don't mean to be a complainer, but since I am using version 2.9.6 and the latest version is 2.9.9, I am wondering if this has been fixed somewhere along the way, and if so, what I need to do to apply these fixes to my version. Thanks.

-Ron