Re: sine wave equations

From: Paul Roberts
Subject: Re: sine wave equations
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:45:02 -0800

Most likely just an aliasing problem. Make sure that you have a high
enough sampling frequency in x. For example, lets say that x
represents space. The spatial frequency of your sine wave seems to be
1/lambda. To sample the function properly, your delta_x should be at
least as small as lambda/2. So you would use:

delta_x = lambda/2;
x = x_min:delta_x:x_max;

If you wanted to oversample, you could use a smaller delta_x

Paul