Re: Octave class versus Matlab class

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave class versus Matlab class
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:21:54 +0100

Steve C. Thompson wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> To possibly answer my own question, I've found Paul Kienzle's
> <http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/octave/matcompat/HTML/cat-types.html>.
> The ``Classes and objects'' section is red, meaning: ``Function
> doesn't exist, and no work-around''.

Note that the above link is very very out of date and Paul moved all the
code there to octave-forge about 4 years ago. A better source of
information of this type is the category index on octave-forge at

http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html

Though even that will be replaced soon. I seem to remember asking Paul
about removing this site a few years back, and I believe he responded
that he no longer has access and can't remove it... Perhaps someone
should contact the sites owner with a polite request to remove it, and
it is often the source of confusion.

D.