Re: No Plot in Octave

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: No Plot in Octave
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:38:43 +0100

Hello,

El Martes, 31 de Octubre de 2006 12:29, Atique Malik escribió:
> I have installed Octave and Gnuplot, but I cannot get the plot
> command to work. It executes but a plot doe not show up. For example,
> plot(x) will return without an error but the result, an actual graph,
> doesn't appear

Seeing your email address I asume that you are using a Mac. Have you installed
X11 (1) or Aquaterm (2)? I think that one of those is necessary to plot
graphs in a Mac.

(1) http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/
(2) http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm/

You can find more information in this tutorial: "HOWTO: Install Octave on Mac
OS X" (3).

(3) http://sarnesjo.org/2006/09/24/howto-install-octave-on-mac-os-x/

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es