Re: Sorry -Yet another Gnuplot/Octave cygwin communication prob

From: Eric S. Carlson
Subject: Re: Sorry -Yet another Gnuplot/Octave cygwin communication prob
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

I do not doubt that this could very likely be a path issue. After killing a
good day trying to add about every obvious directory to my cygwin path, I am
still rather at wits end trying to track down why my plots will not fire up.

Is there any difference between 2.9.9 and 2.1.73 about where temp files are
located or how the gnuplot pipe is establshed? I am sure that the "Can't
find the gnuplot window"  message is coming from gnuplot, but why should my
path work fine for 2.1.73 and not for 2.9.9?

Again, when I type "system(gnuplot_binary)" at the octave command prompt
after changing to any work directory on my hard drive, gnuplot fires right
up. Could it be a process id issue?

EC