Sorry -Yet another Gnuplot/Octave cygwin communication prob

From: Eric S. Carlson
Subject: Sorry -Yet another Gnuplot/Octave cygwin communication prob
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:03:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Thanks to the two simple mods suggested by Benjamin Lindner, I was able to
get 2.9.9 built under cygwin. Unfortunately, when I try to plot something, I
get

Can't find the gnuplot windowSignal 127

I change octaverc (and the echo in my octave window shows that it is getting
read), I see with or without specifying gnuplot_binary that it is
pgnuplot.exe, I can put in "system('pgnuplot.exe')" and get gnuplot to fire
up, and I can run from my x-window or the standard cygwin shell and get the
same result.

I have searched the archives on gnuplot and found out why my 2.1.64 version
does not conflict with my cygwin install (thanks for that hack Andy), but I
have no idea why I get this gnuplot problem.

When I do my ./configure, it identifies pgnuplot and detects its
capabilities. Otherwise, I just type "make" and "make install". Have I
missed another modification or do I need to supply some other option or do
another step somewhere?

Kudos on the anonymous function fixes and modifications to have same
behavior as matlab. I was able to pass a handle to fsolve with no problems.

Eric Carlson