Iterative reading of data files

From: Josh Wiebe
Subject: Iterative reading of data files
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:12:24 -0400

Hi,

I've written a function to perform a calculation on my raw data files. Because these files are sequentially numbered I would like to write another function to repeat this procedure over and over again. How would I go about this? For example,

a = csvread('example1.txt');

functionname(a);

then I press the up key to change a to a = csvread('example2.txt'); etc. While this works, how could I get a counter to work to add one to the file name "example" until finished?

Thanks,
Josh