Re: Very slow mesh on MacOS X

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Very slow mesh on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:57:18 -0600

on 10/6/06 5:51 AM, Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte at address@hidden wrote:

After this little experimentation, I tend to think it's some problem with AquaTerm. If anyone can think of some way to tweak AquaTerm to yield faster #d plots, I will be very thankful, as plots done using AquaTerm are much prettier (and I can interactively export to PDF).

Marcus Vinicius,

Last I heard from Per Persson, the developer of AquaTerm, he was buying a house, and in an earlier exchange said something to the effect that he will be able to get back to programming when his young children are in college. Per does answer questions though, and there is an aquaterm developers list that you can join at
address@hidden if you want to ask him questions directly.

For Mac usage, I’m attempting to build a wxt terminal based on wxwidgets for use with the new gnuplot-4.2. Easy to say, but it requires about 9 (and counting) open source dependencies that aren’t native to Mac’s Xcode-2.4. I think I’m working on installing the last dependency (fontconfig) now. My hope is that the wxt terminal will eventually serve as a replacement for AquaTerm, and will allow Linux, Mac and Windows users access to the same gnuplot graphics terminal.

And yes, AquaTerm graphics are much prettier than x11.

Joe