duplicate binary operator

From: the_verge
Subject: duplicate binary operator
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:43:45 -0700 (PDT)

I have been using the symbolic solver function symsolve(), and have been
getting multiple warnings as follows:

warning: duplicate binary operator `+' for types `symbolic matrix' and
`symbolic matrix'

or something similar.  The warning seems to occur for every single operator
in my symbolic equation.  for instance, here's some code that gets me the
warnings:

symbols
V_x=sym('V_max');
f= ((V_x*I_sc*(C_1/(C_2*V_oc)))*e^(V_x/(C_2*V_oc))-1) - I_sc *
(1-C_1*(e^(V_x/(C_2*V_oc))-1));
V_max = symfsolve({f},{V_x == 1})

where all variables are defined constants except for V_x and f.  (I don't
think the values of the constants are important to this question, but if you
want them, I can post them).

Is there something wrong with the way I'm using the symbolic solver in
Octave?

Thanks.