Re: A lot of warnings about time-stamps

From: Matti Picus
Subject: Re: A lot of warnings about time-stamps
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:35:18 +0200

José Luis García Pallero wrote:

Hi,

I'm connected a remote machine for work in octave and when I execute any script appears in the screen a lot of warnings like:
time stamp for `/path/function' is in the future
What are these?
I'm working with octave v.2.1.57 and I don't have root permissions

P.S.: Sorry, but my English is very bad

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
Your English is fine. I assume the problem arises when you are running octave on one machine but the files are located on a different one. Check not only the dates and times, but the timezones. Some of my machines use GMT+2, some use IsraelStandardTime. When we go onto/off_of daylight savings time, the machines get out of sync!

On linux, you want to lo0k at /etc/localtime - it should be a symoblic link to a timezone file. Make sure your local mahcine uses the same timezone, or that the difference in time between the machines makes sense somehow.
$ls -l /etc/localtime

Matti