Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:06:53 +0200

Pav, Steven E wrote:

demo of the upcoming matlab clustering toolbox.  I did not know at
the time about the MPI extensions for octave, otherwise I would not
have failed to mention he look into it...

I'd be pretty surprised if the people at the Mathworks were not already keeping tabs on this stuff. Did you know that MPITB is available for Matlab as well as for Octave?

For Matlab:
http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb_eng

for Octave:
http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb

I've never used the Matlab toolkit, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work very well.

Michael