Re: how to debug this strange load problem

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: how to debug this strange load problem
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:50:53 +0200

frank wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After I rebuild octave 2.9.7 and octave 2.9.8, I still could not load
> a simple text file as the one attached. Since I have the source code,
> I want to debug the code and find out why. Could someone tell me how
> to debug octave using gdb? how to setup a breakpoint? To debug the
> load problem, where should I set the breakpoint?
>
> I repeat my problem here again. After type the load test2.txt, octave
> does not show any data. If I type test2, octave will state that it
> does not exist. I have tried all suggestions from previous post, but I
> still cannot solve this.
Frank given the numerous responses I've seen, I don't think its for lack
of trying that you no solution yet. I suspect something very weird is
happening. Here are some ideas that might help resolve the issue

1) Is there some other function load in your path that is interfering.
Try "which load" in octave to tell you which load function is used. It
should return "load is a built-in command"
2) Is the correct test2.txt file being opened. Try "strace octave --eval
'load test2.txt'" and let strace tell you what files are actually being
opened...

Sorry, I really can't see why you are having this problem as the file
loads fine here...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only