How to call octave from another program on Linux

From: Miroslaw Dach
Subject: How to call octave from another program on Linux
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:42:32 -0500

Dear All,

I am new to octave and I am looking for help, how to call octave functions (on Linux) from another running program. The most desirable for me would be to link somehow octave (libraries) with my c program to use octave calculation capabilities.

I will appreciate very much each suggestion on that

Mirek