Re: Matlab packages in Octave

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Matlab packages in Octave
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:14:45 -0500

On 19/07/06, Quentin Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:
My point was that if you're still using part of Matlab with octave
(assuming that the license even allows it), you're still "tied down to
the Mathworks", so you haven't really gained anything in that regard.

I'm guessing that using Matlab code is incidental, what's really
sought is equivalent functionality, but Peter Staab can correct me if
I'm wrong in my assumptions.

Anyways, this is starting to get OT. Let's see if the image processing
tools in Octave-forge can satisfy the OP's needs.

- Jordi G. H.