Re: Known segmentation fault with new build

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Known segmentation fault with new build
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:01:43 -0500

Alexander Barth wrote:
It seems that you have the experimental libstdc++.so.7 installed. Perhaps some part of the octave use the (stable) libstdc++.so.6.0.8 and some use the experimental library. You can try to remove the experimental library with:

rpm -e libstdc++so7

and recompile octave. Since you are new to Linux, you find it probably easier to install the pre-compiled octave package included in Fedora extras:
Yes, I think there's some library conflict going on here, because I just tried make check on Fedora Core 5 with no segfault (though it did fail a couple of other tests).

yum install octave

Fedora includes currently octave version 2.9.5.

and I hope to release a 2.9.6 version soon.

Quentin