Re: 2.9.6 build fails on an Opteron RHEL4

From: Javier Fernández Baldomero
Subject: Re: 2.9.6 build fails on an Opteron RHEL4
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:33:35 +0200

Francesco Potorti` wrote:
student found a nice benchmark from sciviews.org, more detailed (and
adaptable to Octave) than the one available from Mathworks' File Exchange.

I have a simple, easily extendable one at
 <http://fly.isti.cnr.it/pub/software/octave/benchmark.m>

Thanks!

I told the student I recalled having read recently (at the beginning of this term) about some benchmark in the help mailing list, but we were unable to find it...
http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/help-octave/2006/625
Looking for "speed", we would have found it. How embarrassing :-)
Feb 27th... well, I was not too mislead. I miss the old search box :-)

I notice you specify on each test which library could "do the trick" for that test. I like that. Thanks again, I'll use it for comparison in future assignments.

-javier

P.S.: any idea why (ATLAS)LAPACK would slow down an (ATLAS or Goto)BLAS-linked Octave? Will I give good or bad marks to this student assignment?