Re: LiveCD for G5 powerpc with Octave

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: LiveCD for G5 powerpc with Octave
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:46:25 -0600

I had a friend who followed these instructions for Ubuntu
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveCDCustomization
This isn't for the Ubunto 6.06 dapper release, but it looks like the
process should be nearly identical.  I think the biggest problem you
will have is that they put everything they possibly can on the CD and
leave little room for expansion (e.g. adding a bunch of scientific and
development tools).  It might be worth it to expand the existing LiveCD
and burn it back to a DVD, since the G5 powermacs can boot from a DVD.

John