Re: nlinfit

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: nlinfit
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:26:53 +0200

In octave-forge there is a function nls_estimate that might help. See the file
./main/econometrics/nls_example.m for information about how to use it.
Michael

Wolfgang Lindner wrote:
Dear Octaver's,

in studying a book about 'Statistics and Probability' (using M.. as tool) I would like to use the octave m-function 'nlinfit.m'. I looked at the Octave-Matlab Compatibility Summary, but Nonlinear regression with nlinfit seems not yet to be implemented and also the function 'fminsearch.m'. But maybe I have missed it.

Is there anyone working with an experimental version of nlinfit or knowing of a workaround, I would be happy to share the code. Any hints are very welcome.

Sincerely

      Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Lindner, Stieglitzweg 6, D-42799 Leichlingen/Germany
Staedtisches Gymnasium,  Stockhauserstr. 13,  42929 Wermelskirchen