Re: Oct-file version of x>0

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Oct-file version of x>0
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:16:17 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 31-May-2006, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | Why both, the main part of sort is a class octave_sort in liboctave.
>
> Oops, I did not dig deep enough to see that.  But what about the part
> of the scripting language sort function that returns both the sorted
> values and the permuted indices?  Maybe I'm missing something, but
> that seems to be implemented in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/sort.cc.
>
> jwe

The scripting language visible sort function isn't, but it relies on the
octave_sort class. The reason sort.cc is so long is that it has to do a
number of things to allowing sorting along arbitrary dimensions. There
is also some special casing for IEEE754 compliant platforms to speed-up
sorting of doubles...

D.