new vs. old list archives (was: Spam in bug-octave archives)

From: John W. Eaton
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:20:48 -0400

On 18-Apr-2006, address@hidden wrote:

| A quick look at
| http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/bug-octave/2006/
| shows that spam sent to the bug mailing list seems to be getting archived in
the last few days, but I don't see this on the help-octave archive.

It was a configuration screwup.  It's "fixed" now, but nothing is
being added to the old archives.  The new archives are here:

(and similar; the other list names in place of "help-octave" in the
URL above).

The old archives (without the spam accumulated in recent days) will be
moved over to the new location soon.  Probably next week.  Sorry for
the inconvenience, but I don't think it can happen any sooner than
that.

Speaking of the lists, we could use a few volunteers to help with
moderating the list.  This is something you can do for Octave without
having to know C++, what a butterworth filter is, or even how to
program.  All you really need to be able to do is read email, use a
web browser, and be able to recognize spam when you see it.  If you'd
like to help out, then please send me mail.

Thanks,

jwe