Re: Mkoctfile cygwin

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile cygwin
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:38:34 -0700

On 4/16/06, Keshab Man Shrestha (Dr) <address@hidden> wrote:

> I installed windows version of octave 2.1.73 (by downloading
> octve-2-1.73-inst.exe). I could create the oregonator.oct file by issuing
> the following commant inside octave
>
> >> system("mkoctfile oregonator.cc")
>
> I get
>
>         ans = 0
> return. However, when I type "oregonator ([1,2,3],0)" inside octave. It
> closes the octave window.
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>

> Keshab

Looking at the code for oregonator.cc, I see that it takes only one
input argument. And since it is a simple example it does not check if
you supplied the right number of input arguments. If you supply the
wrong number you will get a segmentation fault.

So try "oregonator ([1,2,3])".

(Why does oregonator.m take two input arguments? Only the first on is used.)