Re: Mkoctfile cygwin

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile cygwin
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:09:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Keshab Man Shrestha (Dr) wrote:

I installed windows version of octave 2.1.73 (by downloading
octve-2-1.73-inst.exe). I could create the oregonator.oct file by
issuing the following commant inside octave

system("mkoctfile oregonator.cc")

I get

        ans = 0
return. However, when I type "oregonator ([1,2,3],0)" inside octave. It
closes the octave window.

Any help is highly appreciated.

My guess would be that you're getting a segmentation fault when running your code and that the error goes by too quickly before the window closes. If you can find a way to run a shell and then run octave separately, then you should be able to find what the error is exactly when octave drops back to a shell.

I don't run octave in windows with the same installer as you, so I don't know how to get to the shell, but I'm guessing that there is probably a batch file that starts it that you should be able to investigate to do it.

Bill

--
"Nothing says lovin' like somethin' from the oven."
  -- Joe Grange about cremation