Re: Using GNUplot in windows

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Using GNUplot in windows
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:50:16 -0600

Hayden Rampadarath wrote:

Hi,
How do you use the GNUplot v 4.0 package, in Cygwin in windows?? In Linux, I would type my points in emacs, then in gnuplot type plot filename, and I would get my plot.
Is the format similar??
If it is then how do I get emacs, in windows??

You can get emacs for windows (see http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html), so you should be able to do the same thing you do in Linux. However, if you're using octave, I'm not sure why you want to type in points in emacs for plotting in gnuplot. Wouldn't it be easier to use octave's plot command?

-Quentin