Re: RedHet Enterprise 3 build

From: Jason Russler
Subject: Re: RedHet Enterprise 3 build
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:21:15 -0500

Thanks,
I _think_ I've tracked the problem down to NFS caching weirdness on our SAN. I moved the tree to a local disk and built it there where it all worked fine (with a few ignored errors). Now that this problem is solved I've found a much bigger one to deal with... *sigh*
-Jason

Quentin Spencer wrote:
Jason Russler wrote:

Hi all,
Does anyone know what to make of this? It's the output of "make" when trying to build Octave. I was able to build this with gcc 4.0 on a Fedora Core 4 system with no issues but this is what happens on an RHE3 box. Are there any RHE3 (gcc 3.2.3) users that recognize this?

I have successfully compiled the 2.9.4 SRPM from FC5 on RHEL3 with no problems (after replacing the build dependency on gcc-gfortran with gcc-g77), so I don't know why this would not work for you (unless the patches in the SRPM have anything to do with it, but I think it's unlikely). Looking at the error messages it almost seems like maybe you're linking object files that aren't compatible, like maybe they are residual files from a FC4 build or something. Just a guess.

-Quentin