Re: Octave-forge build

From: Jason Russler
Subject: Re: Octave-forge build
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:22:01 -0500

It is. "/usr/local/bin/octave" is a link to "/usr/local/bin/octave-2.9.4", "/usr/local/bin/mkoctfile" is a link to "/usr/local/bin/mkoctfile-2.9.4"
and "/usr/local/bin" is indeed in my path.

It just looks to me like:
a) octave-2.9.4 does not install a "version.h" and "default.h" in "/usr/local/include/octave-2.9.4/octave", and 2.1.72 does (in "/usr/local/include/octave-2.1.72/octave"). Which would imply to me that octave-forge is not intended to work at all with the development version of Octave. or: b) Octave-2.9.4 is suppose to install these files during the install process but does not dues to a bug in the install process or some other issue with our systems.

On a whim I fished these files out of the 2.9.4 source tree and put time in "/usr/local/include/octave-2.9.4/octave" just to see what would happen. Octave-forge then survived the configure process but all of the makes for each toolbox failed. So I'm assuming there's something more fundamental going on.
-Jason

David Bateman wrote:

These header files are present in an install of Octave 2.1.x, for
which this octave-forge CVS is apparently targeted, but not 2.9.4. However the requesting user indicated to me that this octave-forge
release should build for the most recent development version of
Octave.   What do I need to do to make that work?  (I'm not a user of
Octave or Matlab but an administrator of systems.)
Thanks for any help I can get,
Jason

Perhaps octave is not on your path? What does "which octave" and "which
mkoctfile" return...

D.