Re: new octave-forge release

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: new octave-forge release
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 23:14:02 -0500

On Mar 17, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Joe Koski wrote:

On another front, I still get the first-time legend problem:

error: invalid row index = 0
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating prefix operator `!' near line 195, column 7
error: if: error evaluating conditional expression
error: evaluating if command near line 195, column 3
error: called from `legend' in file
`/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.72/site/m/octave-forge/plot/legend.m'
error: called from `run_recess_butter' in file
`/Users/jakoski/Codes/Recession Rate Calculations/run_recess_butter.m'

which goes away when I rerun the case, so is not a major problem.

I have no idea why this is the case. I can get around it by asking gnuplot to create another file after it saves the plot state, and wait for that file to appear and the problem goes away. I've posted this change to CVS.

I'm getting a separate problem which is that gnuplot is reporting

  error: plot: can only plot in 2 or 3 dimensions

on the replot at the end of legend.  Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks,

- Paul